Hey guys! February has been a good month so far, and there’s been lots of new beauty products I’ve been giving a try. Here’s what I’ve been using on my face a lot this month!
1. “Shape Tape” by Tarte Cosmetics – So after I searched several Ultas only to be disappointed in them being sold out, I gave in to the hype surrounding this product and was able to order my shade off the Tarte website. I am a concealer JUNKIE I couldn’t tell you how many concealers I own, and I can honestly say this stuff is amazing! It’s a sponge-tipped applicator, but it’s bigger than the typical size. So it’s very easy to get the product where you want it. Now I’m usually a fan of thick, tacky concealers and this one is not. It has a thin consistency but is full coverage. “Shape Tape” does not settle into fine lines under the eyes, lasts all day, and can also be used to contour and highlight the face. I love it! This concealer is vegan, and has Amazonian clay in it to balance the skin, leaving it mattified, nourished, and smooth. One “Shape Tape” is sold every 26 seconds. What! This product is an Ulta exclusive, or you can buy it on Tarte’s website here. $24 USD for 0.34 fl. oz.
2. “Touche Eclat Le Teint Radiance Awakening Foundation” by Yves Saint Laurent – My face hasn’t seen the sun for about 8 months (seriously) so I was on the search for a new foundation to try to match my lighter skin. My skin is very dry with eczema, so it’s difficult to find foundations that don’t cause me to flake halfway through the day but also have enough coverage to hide the redness my skin sometimes has. I’d heard a lot about YSL foundations being hydrating so I decided to give it a try. This foundation is great! It’s medium to full coverage, and keeps my skin hydrated and smooth all day. The problem with us who have dry skin is that none of the foundations made for dry skin are matte foundations. They always come off more dewy for obvious reasons. But this foundation is not dewy. It’s matte! So I can get the look I love during the drier and cooler months of winter. This foundation is not cakey, and it feels weightless on your skin. It is SPF 22, formulated with vitamin E to protect against free radicals, and has ruscus extract in it. This extract stimulates the micro-circulation of the face, energizing the skin and making it appear more bright. I’m the shade “warm beige.” It is $58 USD for 1 oz. Buy and get free shipping/returns at Nordstrom here: Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Le Teint Radiance Awakening Foundation Spf 22 – Bd25 Warm Beige.
3. “Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Cream” by Peter Thomas Roth – OMG. FINALLY I have found a moisturizer that works. I can’t tell you how many moisturizers I have tried that claim to help dry skin that just don’t work. This one does. My skin normally flakes it’s so dehydrated. And because of my eczema, it’s extremely sensitive to any fragranced products. I have tried everything from thick creams to different oils and my skin will still flake after a couple hours. I can finally get through a day where my skin looks smooth and hydrated thanks to this cream. The best part about this moisturizer is that it’s not just targeted for dry, sensitive skin, it works well for all skin types, even oily skin. This cream contains hyaluronic acid, which grabs moisture from the air and retains up to 1000 times its weight in water, keeping your skin smooth and hydrated. Whaaaat! It also contains elderberry, which helps smooth out fine lines and wrinkles. “Water Drench” is paraben and sulfate free. $52 USD for 1.6 oz. Try it out at Nordstrom with free shipping/returns here: Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Acid Cloud Cream.
4. Lipsense by Senegence – Who made this stuff?! Wow, this lipstick is unlike anything else out there. All my nurse friends need to try it as it lasts up to 18 hours and does not come off after eating, drinking, putting a mask on etc. It is waterproof, kiss-proof (not like I would know), and smudge proof. Lipsense is vegan and not tested on animals. Also, one tube of Lipsense = 4 regular tubes of lipstick. It is sold by independent distributors so you’ll have to find one in your area or online. I’ve seen lots of girls selling it off Instagram. I just became a distributor because I love and believe in the product so much.
5. Facial Spray from Mario Badescu – This hydrating mist has been so refreshing for my dry skin. It is made with rose water, aloe, and herbs to soothe and hydrate the skin, or use as a setting spray after makeup. I’ve been using this after moisturizer and before primer so I can really lock in the moisture with my foundation. It’s great for sensitive skin and smells clean and fresh. $7 for 4oz. Buy at Nordstrom here.